The ultimate Ubuntu book!
Written by award-winning author Keir Thomas, Ubuntu Pocket Guide and Reference is a totally unique and concise guide for everyday Ubuntu use. It's the world's most popular Ubuntu book, with over half a million readers (and rising!).
- Focuses on core competencies and background knowledge needed to be an expert Ubuntu user;
- Readable, accessible, and easy to understand—even if you've never used Linux before;
- 100% new and original! Written from the ground-up to cover Ubuntu 8.04 and 8.10.
"A great resource covering Ubuntu
from A to Z without all the extra fluff"
Ryan Troy, administrator, Ubuntuforums.org
How to get it
Ubuntu Pocket Guide and Reference is available in print and PDF editions.
- The Print Edition is available from Amazon.com. Add it to your Amazon order now!
- The PDF Edition (eBook) is entirely free of charge and is identical to the Print Edition. Grab the PDF or click here to tell a friend!
New to Ubuntu?
Here's how to get started with the world's favorite Linux:
- Download Ubuntu.
- Download the PDF Edition (directly from our dedicated server) of Ubuntu Pocket Guide and Reference—it doesn't cost a penny, and the first chapter tells you how to install Ubuntu!
- Become an Ubuntu master in double-quick time by reading the rest of the book! Ubuntu Pocket Guide and Reference is totally succinct. No fat!
- Buy the print edition of Ubuntu Pocket Guide and Reference and keep it by your computer—a lifelong companion for your Ubuntu journey! Buy a copy for a friend to give them the best possible start to their Ubuntu journey.